Telling Louisiana’s stories, in print and online
Every corner of Louisiana has a story
Many stories everyone knows, and even more are known only to a few. Through 64 Parishes, the LEH wants to tell them all.
Encompassing an award-winning quarterly print magazine, website, and encyclopedia, 64 Parishes represents the next chapter for two flagship LEH initiatives: Louisiana Cultural Vistas, a print magazine published by the LEH for nearly 30 years, and KnowLA, the digital encyclopedia of Louisiana history and culture.
Launched in 2018, 64 Parishes brings together the print magazine and the encyclopedia, with thousands of stories reflecting Louisiana’s complicated, fascinating history and vibrant, diverse culture in one place, fully accessible and free of charge at 64Parishes.org.
At 64parishes.org, you will find a wealth of content waiting to be explored, like:
- Articles covering Louisiana archaeology, art, music, foodways, political history, and more
- Current and back-issue content from 64 Parishes magazine and Louisiana Cultural Vistas
- Classroom resources, including original videos, and easy-to-follow curricula for teachers and caregivers
- Timely, digital-only content
- Audio and video clips on music, geography, poetry, coastal issues, and more
NEWS & MEDIA
64 Parishes’ outstanding contributors won eight Press Club of New Orleans’s Excellence in Journalism Awards for the year 2020, with the winter 2020 issue taking home Best Magazine.Read More
We’re excited to announce that LEH’s 64 Parishes magazine and its contributors have been nominated for nine Excellence in Journalism Awards by the Press Club of New Orleans.Read More
The Entergy Charitable Foundation has partnered with the Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities to increase access to the humanities in the state. With a grant totaling $52,725, Entergy will support PRIME TIME and 64 Parishes.Read More