Your donation means the world to us!
Without you, none of this happens. It’s that simple. Did you know that 90% of American households donate? You could combine the giving of all the corporations and foundations and it wouldn’t come close to equaling what private individuals donate. Fully eighty cents of every donated dollar comes from people like you. So don’t think for a minute that your donation doesn’t matter, that it won’t be missed.
You are our lifeblood. Our heartbeat.
Your generosity will open a world of reading to a child, it will help fund a documentary film, can help train a teacher, or even bring the Smithsonian Institution to rural Louisiana. Your donation will allow learners from around the world to access thousands of articles, essays and photos on our KnowLouisiana website, as they learn that our state is so much more than crawfish and alligators.
Your generosity means a great deal to a great many. For example, just a few things your generosity might make possible include:
- A $100 donation can provide books for children to keep as part of a PRIME TIME program.
- A $250 donation can help us distribute copies of Louisiana Cultural Vistas to school libraries.
- A $500 donation can pay for a teacher to attend training to learn new skills to become more effective in the classroom.
- A $1,000 donation can cover the expense of providing a start-up cultural organization free office space and support in the Louisiana Humanities Center.
- A $2,500 donation can help underwrite the cost of bringing a Smithsonian Museum on Main Street program to a rural Louisiana museum.
- A $5,000 donation can underwrite a PRIME TIME Family Reading Time Program for up to 60 children and their parents.